GWO Sea Survival Objectives:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of SAR and GMDSS.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from “WTG” to water by means of “Constant Rate Descender”
- The delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea
- Assessment: Practical & written
- Course Duration: 1 day (initial & refresher training)
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Course cost: £432 INC VAT (initial & refresher)
The training will be over 1 day for the initial training or refresher
The course cost will includes:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English.