- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights, specific to WTG (Wind Turbine Generator).
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g.harness lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- Assessment: Practical & written
- Course Duration: 2 days (initial training); 1 day (refresher)
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Course cost: £516 (initial) & £288 (refresher) INC VAT
The training will be over 2 days for the initial training or 1 day for a refresher
The course cost will includes:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English.