IRATA Level 1 Rope Training Course
The IRATA Level 1 is the entry level into the rope access industry.
An IRATA Level 1 technician will be able to perform a range of rope access manoeuvres and have an understanding of the current legislation. An IRATA Level 1 is required to be supervised by an IRATA Level 3 technician.
Level 1 rope access technician is:
- Able to perform a range of rope access manoeuvres
- Responsible for inspections of all his/her own personal rope access equipment.
- Able to assist in rigging and non-standard operations, under supervision of a level 3
- Able to undertake a rescue involving descent by him/herself and have knowledge of hauling systems
- Assessment: Independent assessor will assess on a written multi choice question paper and practical examination.
- Course Duration: 5 Days
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 3 years.
- Course cost: £774 INC VAT
The training will be over 4 days followed by an assessment by an independent assessor.
The course cost will include the candidate’s registration with IRATA and the following documents:
- IRATA ICOP
- IRATA Training, Assessment and Certification Scheme
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost. On passing the assessment the candidates will receive the following from IRATA, all included in the course cost:
- IRATA Certificate
- IRATA ID card
- IRATA Logbook
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English.
Ideally, all prospective employees should be in possession of an appropriate full industrial medical certificate before starting this kind of work and should be re-assessed at regular intervals thereafter. In the absence of a full medical, trainees are required to sign the Martin Castle Ltd medical fitness form.
The Course was great, no improvement is needed at all.
Excellent training in all aspects
This is the best course I have been on
The course has been absolutely amazing
A great course with a well laid out structure
Very well structured and delivered, very approachable, willing and helpful to answer any questions
Excellent training, professional and knowledgeable trainers