Emergency Response First Aid Course
Martin Castle now offer a course covering Primary & Secondary care and the use of Automated External Defibrillation, ideal for Industrial Rope Access technicians and Level 3 supervisors.
Primary care teaches candidates how to respond to life threatening emergencies. This element is instructor-lead and is focused on skill knowledge development and realistic practical scenarios to make sure that candidates are fully confident and able to deal with emergency situations.
This element also teaches the use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED).
Secondary care teaches candidates about injuries and illnesses that are not life threatening. This element is instructor-lead and focused on secondary assessment and first aid through skill, knowledge development and realistic practical scenarios to make sure that candidates are fully confident and able to deal with any first aid situations.
- Assessment: written and practical examination.
- Course Duration: 1 Day.
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years, registered with PADI EFR (globally recognised)
- Course cost: £120 INC VAT
- Skill 1 Scene Assessment
- Skill 2 Barrier Use (Gloves and ventilation //masks)
- Skill 3 Primary Assessment (A,B,C,D,S) Recovery Position
- Skill 4 Rescue Breathing
- Skill 5 CPR
- Skill 6 Choking
- Skill 7 Serious Bleeding Management
- Skill 8 Shock Management
- Skill 9 Spine Injury Management
- Skill 10 Automated External Defibrillator
- Skill 11 Use of O2
- Skill 1 Injury Assessment
- Skill 2 Illness Assessment
- Skill 3 Bandaging
- Skill 4 Splits for Dislocations and Fractures
- Skill 5 Use of Stretchers
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.